CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Creativity At Work-Homemade Finger Paint

Both Junior and Katie have been feeling kind of creative lately.  Katie has been getting the hang of crayons and is much easier on them than her brother, who thinks he needs to apply a ton of pressure to make them work.  He also loves painting, but we have painted so much lately that we had used up all of our supplies.  So, I decided that I would try to make some finger paint myself.  This is what we came up with and it worked out just fine, if I do say so myself!

Our Homemade Finger Paint:

2 cups water
2 cups flour
Food coloring

Sift the flour into a large bowl.
Slowly pour the water in with one hand while stirring with a whisk in the other hand.

Then sort the mixture into old baby food containers, or yogurt containers.  Add food coloring, mix well, and "voila" instant finger paint.

We found that this paint works pretty well for pictures unless it is put on too heavily, then it cracks.  But hey, it's good cheap fun.

While they were excited using their fingers to paint at first, they asked for their paintbrushes back.  But they had a good time making their creations.

Katie's Fingerpaint and crayon mixed media art!

All, in all I was blessed to have a little time with the kids quiet.  And I was blessed to still have this big paper that Lori Tipane gave me when she moved her classroom.  It's awesome for painting and drawing.  
Blessings to you all and many happy creations!

1 comment:

  1. This is soooo cute!!
    luv u all Aunt Marie
    I don't know how to do the profile thing so I'm Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments. I love to hear from you!