CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Happy Independence Month!

We had a nice fourth of July weekend.  It was great to have Jeff home for an extra day.  We decided to find our way to the beach, which in retrospect, is not always a good idea on a holiday weekend.  We thought if we went early enough we would try to go to Power Station Park in Del Mar.  It's actually a really cool place for little kids.    For those of you who haven't been, (and maybe it was only me..) there is a nice grassy area and a playground, and a few steps away is the beach.  Bathrooms are clean and close by.

But, that wasn't where we went.  We couldn't park because it was the fourth of July.  Duh.  You have to get up at the crack of dawn to park.  We were late.  It was 7am.  So, we went a little farther down, and low and behold was the cutest little beach spot.  I paid three dollars and hour for parking, and anyone who knows me, knows that I hate to pay for parking.  That being said, it was worth it.  I couldn't understand why more people weren't  there.  I think it was because it was away from all the main tourist areas.  It really seemed as if only local people were there.   It was so unpopulated that I could look around and see all my kids at once.  Gentle waves, nice sand, and really cool sea shells.  Two thumbs up.

Emily and Alicia

Jr. had a great time, but prefers sand to water.

And what would a blog post be without a picture of me waving from the distance?

And messy Katie on the way home....

A good day was had by all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your comments. I love to hear from you!